Monday 20 June 2016

Roses and Patchwork

 It's all been all about the roses here over the past week.......with the garden full of roses and the air full of their scent, i've been snipping lots of posies of them to enjoy around the house......such a lovely season......and here is my rosy patchwork too...........
 .............above are some views of our garden......it has a lot of rambling roses which are a joy every year......they had already been planted here when we moved to this house and we feel so lucky to have them.........below is my trip around the world mini quilt being made............
 ................as i've mentioned here before many times, i love sewing patchwork squares and this time they are arranged to form the trip around the world pattern in a mix of pink and green fabrics (they are by pam kitty garden, lecien and lakehouse studio).......
 ..............some of the squares are fussy cut which i'm really enjoying doing .........
 ..............the mini quilt top is complete now and i've added white borders......i need to decide on the quilting next....maybe just keep it very simple......hope to show you it on my sewing room wall soon....
 .............these pretty pink roses are giving me so many photo opportunities..........i think they look lovely combined with the fluffy yellowy green alchemilla mollis flowers too..........
 .............there are roses on my work table, roses next to my computer, and roses all over my patchwork fabrics too....this is one of my most favourite fabrics being used to make paper pieced patchwork chrysanthemum flowers for another almost finished project......i am working my way through lots of works in progress this month......
 ............sweet pale pink roses near the pond..........
 ...............favourite bright pink rose near the potting shed.............
 ..............and in a jug in my sewing room........
 .................little flowery snippets with my new big granny square blanket (it will be huge, colourful and random!)...............
 ..................as soon as i finish one work in progress another one seems to take its place :) .....
 ................little pink iced cakes were made for everyone in the family to enjoy.......even the flags were rosy ones this week..............
................thank you for visiting me here in my little rosy bit of blog land dear readers, it is so nice to see you and always a pleasure to read your kind comments...........i hope you have a wonderful week with crafty times, sunshine and some sweet roses scenting your days..........back soon xxxxxxxxxx

36 comments:

Susan said...

Such a feast for the eyes. I love the pink and green quilt. I recognize the fabrics and I love the way you put them together. So cheerful. Your crochet is looking good too. And so many pretty flowers. Thank you for another happy and colorful post. :-)

Anonymous said...

Love your potting shed. If it is possible to have potting shed envy, I have it! Natalie

PamKittyMorning said...

It's always a pleasure to see your lovely photos. Love your pretty block! What a cute combo!

Little Quiltsong said...

Beautiful roses! You also always have the prettiest patchwork quilts!

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Awe I love your little quilt Helen so pretty and a perfect match for all your gorgeous roses.
Absolutely beautiful crochet too, I'm always so inspired when I visit your little space here in blogland.
V x

driftwood said...

oh how I love all your roses xxx

Jacky H said...

Hi Helen
I love you colourful crotchet blanket they grow so quick. The quilt will look lovely on craft room wall. I love visiting your blog especially on a Monday it starts my week off with an explosion of colour.
Have a lovely week.

Jacky

bj said...

One of your gifted talents is the way you have of putting it all together. I adore the tiny quilt...

Jane said...

What beautiful flowers roses are Helen. They look gorgeous in your post as does you stunning quilt and crochet. I love the scent too.....mmmm the smell of summer. Have a lovely week xx

cristina said...

Hi helen!!! I love, love, loooooooove your new quilt and your new crochet blanket! your blog make me always sooooo happy .....!
Have a nice week too, my dear helen! A big hug from Catalonia!

Christine B said...

What beautiful fabrics you are using for your quilt.... looking forward to seeing it finished! Love your yarns too! Have a wonderful week! Christine x

20 North Ora said...

Your potting shed is so cute Helen. I love your new mini quilt top. Love the colors. Your flowers are gorgeous,

Have a great week.

Judy

Lorrie said...

Roses are so beautiful. Love your fussy cut squares. So pretty.

Teresa Kasner said...

Oh Helen, the colors of your world are so pretty and inspirational. LOVE your new big granny.. and your quilt, too. Your color palette is so summery that I bet you love this time of year when the world pops out your pretty colors in the gardens all over. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Elderberry-Rob said...

the fabric for the chrysanthemum flowers is beautiful.

Jo@awholeplotoflove said...

Very pretty - all of it xx

Ada Plouvier-Kopitopoulou said...

Lovely roses in your garden. And your patchwork and crochet projects look great.

Unknown said...

Always such beautiful and inspiring pictures Helen. Love the patchwork squares. Your roses are looking so lovely. The rain down here has damaged the few roses we have unfortunately-hope we have some more sunshine soon!xx

Pat's Patch said...

Everything coming up roses.Gorgeous blooms, and such a beautiful mini quilt, love the pink green and white colours, and a crochet blanket..such happy busy crafting. Love it all. Pat XXX

Unknown said...

Help me understand why you baste your edges under before sewing the the blocks together? Is this something I should be doing? Thanks!
Mary

Art and Sand said...

beautiful flowers, crochet, quilts ...

Have a lovely summer.

Stins said...

Dear Helen, your blog cheers me up big time and feels so welcoming! Sorry I haven't been around for a while but I am so exhausted lately... Lovely to hear from you, thanks so much! Big hugs, Mirjam.

Amy at love made my home said...

Wonderful roses in all forms!

Annerose said...

Hallo Helen,
das ist ja ein hübscher Post. Rosen Rosen und nochmal Rosen, genau mein Ding. Ich liebe Rose auch und die zartrosa farbene "New Dawn" habe ich auch. Sie durftet toll. Sehr schön dein Quilt und so ordentlich und schön genäht. Kompliment ein herrlicher Post.
Liebe Grüße Annerose

Cindy said...

Such beautiful roses and projects! They all match! Did you paper piece the trip around the world? It is so pretty! Thank you for brightening my rainy morning!

MumsyB said...

Thank you Helen. Very beautiful and inspiring.

Sum of their Stories said...

So much colourful prettiness - thanks for sharing all this loveliness!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Happy Summer!
The quilt fabric would make a beautiful summer sun dress.

KC'sCourt! said...

More beautiful colours
Julie xxxxxxxxx

Simone said...

Lovely colour combinations Helen! Have a great weekend. x

Anajá Schmitz said...

Amei teu blog cheio de belas inspirações.
Tenha um ótimo fim de semana.

Madelief said...

It's always lovely to see roses! The ones in your garden look beautiful Helen!

Happy weekend ahead!

Madelief x

Gracie Saylor said...

Helen, I can almost smell your sweet roses! Good for you working on your pretty WIP line up. I love rosy material, too, especially chintz although I no longer have anything made of that....maybe someday again :) Once more you inspire me to be creative while I admire your creativity. Thanks! xxxx

Jane said...

Oh goodness, how did I miss this post? Your patchwork quilt is absolutely beautiful, pink and green is such a lovely colour combination, I love it xx

Zwergenwelt said...

I love your patchork and the pretty colours so much, Helen! ♥♥♥

Thimbleanna said...

Oh Wow! Just Beautiful! Your real roses go perfectly with PKM's pretty fabric roses!